IBD Partnership is a consulting company based in UK, specialized in business and education projects.
In this blog IBD Partnership will put information regarding different possibilities and events in UK and in Europe. Hope it will be useful and life changing experience to all of you!
Regarding the EU educational projects, please consult www.ibdpartnership.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter @IBDpartnership!
Tuesday, 15 August 2017
Intern Analyst (Paid) Istanbul
ARK Group DMCC is a stabilisation, development and conflict
transformation consultancy that provide research-informed analysis and policy
recommendations, as well as evidence-based interventions, in conflict-affected
areas from the Palestinian camps of Lebanon and Yemen to Iraq and Syria on
behalf of public and private sector clients. Working with and through local
communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict
and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security,
development and economic opportunity.
For the past six years, ARK has been at the forefront of the
regional response to the Syrian conflict. Working for governmental donors, ARK
has supported conflict-affected communities on the ground. Programmes have
included sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) responses and launching the
programme of life-saving support to Syria’s Civil Defence teams. We have a
highly dynamic, capable, multinational team with offices in Dubai, Turkey,
Lebanon, Jordan and Washington DC.
ARK is seeking expressions of interest from candidates with
the right blend of academic, linguistic, geographical and thematic expertise
who are interested in joining ARK’s dynamic team as an Istanbul-based research
intern. ARK is committed where possible to offering full-time employment to
interns on the completion of a successful internship and this has been without
exception the case for the past three years.
Tasks and Activities
• Provide research for analytical reports supporting ARK
programmes in Syria.
• Contribute to stabilisation and development network mapping, social media
analysis, narrative and summary reports and ARK programming outputs, as well as
thematic situational reports, and other products designed to capture and
• Brief company management on political and security trends in the area of
interest and as needed represent ARK at conferences and donor-implementer
• Support regular and ad hoc monitoring and analysis of events in Syria drawing
on a range of open sources.
• Where required, aid in rapid translation between Arabic and English.
• Monitor impact of ARK projects, programmes and strategies through extensive
online research in both Arabic and English.
• Design and produce independent research products using own initiative.
• Conduct verbal briefings on analytical outputs,
• Support ARK’s monitoring and evaluation teams, project teams, and business
development team, as appropriate.
• Remain updated on events in the broader MENA region and analyse their
implications for ongoing and future ARK programming and donor policy.
• Support the development of ARK’s Research and Analysis capability and the
department’s relevance to the work of implementers, donors, think-tanks, and
• Engage in rigorous professional conduct and creative enquiry, as well as the
highest standards of research and analysis design, ethics, conduct and report
• Support ARK’s Syria publications and social media strategy and delivery to
ensure a range of audiences have access to ARK’s analytical outputs.
• Other relevant tasks as requested by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Middle East studies, Arabic language,
political science, international affairs, history, sociology, or a related discipline.
• Strong and demonstrable research skills, particularly in Arabic language and
in social media/open source.
• Fluent proficiency in Modern Standard Arabic and an Arabic Dialect.
• Strong English language writing skills.
• Detailed knowledge of political, governance and security dynamics related to
the conflict in Syria.
• Familiarity with social media platforms and proficiency in open source
• Advanced knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and
experience working on political issues related to the Middle East.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a
• Knowledge of, and experience with, statistical analysis software (SPSS,
STATA) and InDesign is a plus.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their CV,
with covering letter, to HR@arkgroupdmcc.com , quoting
Intern Analyst (Istanbul) in the subject line.