What is your mobility experience?
Would you like to become a director of your own movie?
Have you found yourself in any difficult situation while being abroad?
What was the biggest challenge you had to deal with?
What have you learnt about yourself and the others while getting to know new people and new cultures in a foreign country?
Is there any funny story, which took place abroad you want to share?
If your answers are positive, that means you are the right person in the right place.
You can make a documentary or a short presentation, about a general or a specific aspect of your stay abroad, for example: your personal or professional improvement, your social or cultural experiences.
You can use humour, music, animations and any other media source. Just be creative!
Who can participate?
Conditions to participate
Your video MUST be original and produced by you.
Your video, images, audio and text MUST respect the international Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) legislation. We invite you to discover and use free and legal sharing licence agreements available online, such as CREATIVE COMMONS.
The video MUST be spoken in English OR, in case you want to use another language, the video MUST be English subtitled.
Please note that Europemobility will not allow videos with commercial purposes, inappropriate language, abusive, violent and pornographic contents.
Awards waiting for you!
Each category contains three prizes. Europemobility will award:
- €500,00 for the best video nominated by the Jury, plus a trip to Paris
- iPad for the best video nominated by the online voters, plus a trip to Paris
- The second and third winners of both categories will receive a trip to Paris, plus a recognition prize
All the winners will go to the Award Ceremony in Paris with opportunity to present their videos to an international audience at “Salon Européen de l’Education”, which takes place from 22nd to 25th November 2012.
Travel and accommodation will be organised and paid by Europemobility Network.
The winning videos will be promoted on the Europemobility Network website and publications, as well as via its project partners.
Online voting system is open from the moment of approval and publishing of the video until 30 September 2012, 23:59:59 CET.
Europemobility International Jury will publish on www.europemobility.tv the names of the winners by 15 October 2012, 23:59:59 CET.
Registration as Participant
- You need to fill in all fields of the registration form and upload a copy of an Identification Document, such as Identify Card or Passport. You need to use a valid email account
- Once completed all fields the system will send you an email with instruction for you to confirm your email account.
- Europemobility Admin will approve your account and you will receive a confirmation email.
- You can then proceed to upload your video, which will need to be approved by the Europemobility Admin before being visible on the Video Contest web site. Please allow up to 24 hours for approval and also some additional hours for the web streaming platform to process your video.
Please note: Registration procedure includes dedicated section for acceptance of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) legislation.
Videos which do NOT respect IPR legislation will still be visible from Europemobility website, but they will be excluded from the video contest.
Award Criteria and Procedure
Furthermore Europemobility International Jury will express their evaluation based on the following criteria, so the scoring system will result as follows:
- 40% - Relevance of the video, fitting with the theme of mobility
- 40% - Originality and creativity of the underlying idea (basic concept)
- 30% - Quality of the script and realisation
Once the 2012 Video Contest is over, the Jury will determine the list of videos to be kept accessible and published on the Europemobility Network web site.
The Award Ceremony will be held within the Europemobility International Conference in Paris and it will be broadcasted online.
Online voting system
Voting online is simple:
1 - Watch a video
2 – Vote using the score from 1 to 10 with the stars above the video. Please note that the following rules apply:
- You can only vote once for each video
- You can only vote for a max of 10 videos
- You can use each score from 1 to 10 only once, therefore you can’t use the same score for 2 different videos
- You can change your vote preferences using the dedicated section on Europemobility Video Contest web site, by moving the selected videos across the ranking scale
- Done !! Your vote has been added to the score of that video.
Registration as Online Voter
STEP 2: Confirm your registration by pasting on our web site the verification token sent automatically to you via email.
STEP 3: You can now login, watch the videos and vote by using the yellow stars.